6 months Fixed Term contract with Permanent role possibility
The Planning Engineer reports directly to the Continued Airworthiness Manager on all matters concerning Aircraft Maintenance Planning. The Planning Engineer works closely with the Planning Officers and Technical Records Administrator to deliver a robust and effective maintenance planning service to the airline.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Knowledge and awareness of EASA and CAA Airworthiness Regulations and Requirements;
- Effective Communicator to deal with internal and external customers and agencies;
- Previous Airline/MRO Planning Experience;
- Current Training including Human Factors, Fuel tank Safety, EWIS, Continuation Training, (SMS).
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Good customer service skills;
- Strong in meeting deadlines and working under pressure;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office and operational systems;
- Good organizational skills including project management.
The Planning Engineer reports to the Continuing Airworthiness Manager and is responsible for the following activities:
- Creation, management and presentation of the fleet maintenance plan;
- Day to day supervision of Planning Officer and Technical Records Clerk;
- Review of service bulletins, airworthiness directives and modification in respect of planning requirements;
- Review of work scopes and tenders from suppliers.
- Planning IT system (currently TRAX system) lead and coordinator;
- Liaison with suppliers, trainers etc on system and staff needs and contract administration;
- Lead for software changes and patches before implementation into the live system;
- Audit of technical records for content and completeness and liaison with contracted suppliers to correct audit findings;
- Preparation of required workpacks for A, C and D checks and distribution in a timely manner to ensure that scheduled maintenance tasks, Airworthiness Directives and out of phase requirements are in compliance with time limits;
- Preparation of workscopes and workpacks for ad-hoc maintenance events as required and the preparation of workscopes and workpacks to made available to contracted MROs in a timely manner;
- Preparation of workscopes and workpacks to enable Aircraft Introduction to Service and Redelivery inputs to take place;
- Monitor aircraft hours and cycles on a daily basis to ensure all relevant tasks, including Calendar driven tasks, are accomplished and any variations or concessions are raised as requested, controlled and managed in accordance with applicable approved procedures – in conjunction with Technical Records and MCC;
- Close liaison with Technical Records Clerk to resolve any queries and preparation of workpacks;
- Close liaison with MCC on day to day operational issues involving planning issues and minor level checks;
- Ensure all routine maintenance tasks, are scheduled in accordance with the applicable approved aircraft maintenance programme(s);
- Ensure all maintenance pre input meetings are co-ordinated, scheduled and attended by a member of the planning department;
- Administration of work-cards and completion of aircraft and engine logbooks;
- Compilation of technical records package for asset lease return or sale;
- Uploading of technical records to an electronic records management system;
- Administration of the Maintenance Programme(s);
- Storage of hard copy records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Planning Engineer should have the ability to multi-task whilst being proactive and having the ability to use their own initiative. In addition this role will carry the ability to negotiate with suppliers, to remain cost effective and uphold a professional image to internal and external suppliers.
Planning Engineer disciplinary responsibility for quality and timely execution of functions assigned to him/her and efficient use of rights provided hereunder. If material damage occurs because of his/her actions/inactions carries responsibility under legislation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Applications should be made to [email protected]. Applicants should submit a CV and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria. Also they are able to work in the UK and prove 5 years employment history.