Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Reporting Line: Maintenance Manager
CargoLogicAir we are looking to recruit Engineers able to provide in service operational support for our fleet of B747-400F aircraft. This is a combined role and Engineers may be asked to support CLA’s Maintrol (MCC), or to undertake Flight Mechanic or Technical representative duties during maintenance. The role is based at our offices in Uxbridge, close to London Heathrow, though expensive travel may be required. Subject to satisfactory training and experience and recommendation, the Engineer will be authorised under a subcontracted Part 145 approval.
The company is looking for individuals who are proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support a diverse and vibrant airline operation.
The Licensed Aircraft Engineer reports to the Maintenance Manager on all matters concerning Aircraft Maintenance. The Licensed Aircraft Engineer works closely with Maintenance Control (MCC) team to deliver a robust and effective maintenance service to the airline.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Hold EASA B1 and or B2 license and authorisation on Boeing 747-400
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on operational experience in a line and/or base maintenance environment on the above aircraft types
- Be an effective communicator to deal with internal and external organisations and agencies, representing the airlines interests in a calm professional manner with customers, suppliers and oversight agencies.
- Training should include Human Factors, Fuel tank Safety, EWIS, Continuation Training, (SMS)
- Strong customer service focus – both internal and external.
- Highly flexible and pro-active approach required.
The Aircraft Engineer reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the following activities:
Flight Mechanic/Technical Representative:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance tasks as directed by MCC.
- Ensure that all aircraft defects and unserviceable items are rectified in a timely manner or deferred in accordance with EASA/Company requirements and procedures.
- Ensure that all documentation and its certification is completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures to meet company procedures and legislation.
- Carry out Flight Mechanic and other away from base duties as required.
- Perform on site company representation as required for aircraft Base Maintenance inputs and AOG recovery.
- Maintain aircraft in accordance with company certification privileges in accordance with EASA Part M, Part 145 requirements and further detailed in the Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME).
- Ensure equipment, facilities and premises in your charge are maintained to an acceptable standard of maintenance, appearance and in compliance with the company Health & Safety policy.
- Working shift patterns as necessary by business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is accomplished in accordance with CargoLogicAir Policies and Procedures, Airworthiness Authority Regulations and, in the case of 3rd party work that all tasks are carried out in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Initiates activities and actions, manages administration procedures within section.
- Assisting in the identification of line maintenance providers to support operations.
- Advises the department head and supervises work of other people.
- Has oversight of CargoLogicAir fleet for technical status and airworthiness.
- Communicates CargoLogicAir fleet technical status to all relevant departments.
- Supervise, monitor and record all work performed at main base and contracted out stations.
- Make, provide and distribute the station working schedule.
- Liaise with CargoLogicAir and customer QA departments while performing station audits.
- Supervise and monitor all station AOG part ordering.
- Act as a link between CargoLogicAir and contracted maintenance during AOG and delay situations.
- Record aircraft flight-, accident & damage-, deferred items- and delay information. Record man-hours and relay invoicing to Maintenance accounting department.
- Must build-up a process to ensure a uniform approach to managing his tasks and regularly analyse flight interruptions in order to fine-tune the process.
Should have the ability to multi-task whilst being proactive and having the ability to use their own initiative. In addition, this role will require excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
Disciplinary responsibility for quality and timely execution of functions assigned to him/her and efficient use of rights provided hereunder. If material damage occurs because of his/her actions/inactions carries responsibility under legislation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The aircraft engineer roles are worked on a shift basis though a need for flexibility is anticipated to ensure operational requirements are met.
Please download and fill in the Application Form
(Right-click on the icon and select ‘Save link as’).
Applications should be made directly to [email protected] or by filling out the form below:
Applicants should submit The Application Form and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria.
They must be able to work in the UK and prove 5 years employment history.