Head of Procurement
CargoLogicAir are recruiting for a Head of Procurement who will ensure Leadership and management of our Procurement and Supply Chain functions. They will also develop and control external and internal strategic supplier and customer relationships and ensure compliance with national and international law and regulation and our corporate policy.
The position is a newly defined role within the CargoLogicAir business, reporting directly into the Chief Operations Officer.
The role is based at our Stockley Park site. Geographically spread suppliers and operational bases necessitate a preparedness to work additional hours, be on call after hours, travel (sometimes for extended periods at short notice) and hold effective relationships with a broad range of suppliers.
As a Head of Procurement your main responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure compliance with the Safety Management System processes and procedures by provision of appropriate direction and resources and by monitoring safety activities and performance.
- Ensure full awareness of and compliance with applicable aviation regulations (CAA, FAA,, etc.), Trade Compliance (Import / Export Regulations, Tax & Duties, REACH, etc.) and Ethical Standards (AB&C, Modern Slavery Act, etc.)
- Be accountable for the successful execution (cost, quality and schedule) of all Procurement and Supply Chain activities and their contribution to effective service delivery.
- Development and control of the Procurement and Supply Chain budgets and KPI’s. Adherence to delegated authority processes.
- Develop of self-managed teams by setting clear objectives, managing performance and developing skills and competencies.
- Drive strategic procurement assessments including make buy plans, insourcing/outsourcing strategies and total cost of ownership evaluation.
- Lead effective supplier management processes and reinforce strong supplier partnerships.
- Understand contractual, quality, qualification, technical and commercial terms and conditions.
- Develop, train, implement and review practices and procedures to ensure continual improvement, best practice and regulatory compliance.
- Provide Subject Matter expertise and direction to Engineering, ensuring that collaboration is occurring across BU functions such as Sales & BD, Finance, Commercial, etc.
- Institute a continuous improvement culture, practice and process. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Specific areas are:
- Effective use of Change and Risk Management processes. Aircraft and Cargo handling / GHA for charter when we go to stations where we don’t have an SGHA
- Catering, Security servcices etc
- Fuel administration
- Airport fees (where possible)
- Pilot training
- Travel procurement, airline tickets and hotel, crew transport
- IT system, etc
As a Head of Procurement your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Extensive experience in Aerospace Procurement and Supply Chain with professional certification such as APICS, MCIPS, IOM, ISM expected.
- Experience of both developing a procurement strategy around NPI/ aircraft upgrades, as well as ‘business as usual’ spares/ repairs/ obsolescence management for ongoing maintenance.
- Currently operating at Senior Procurement Manager level or above with direct management experience.
- Developing and implementing Procurement and Supply Chain solutions to improve the financial performance of the business
- Supply Chain Management tools, techniques and relationship skills that enhance supplier performance across quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness
- Supplier identification, assessment and Contract negotiation
- Leadership skills with a record of establishing a positive culture, driving change and performance.
- Effective influencer across all levels of the organisation
Applications should be made to [email protected]. Applicants should submit a CV and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria. Also they are able to work in the UK and prove 5 years employment history.