Dangerous Goods Officer
Job Title: Dangerous Goods Officer
Reporting Line: Network Operations Manager
We are looking to recruit an experienced Dangerous Goods Officer to provide support for our worldwide operations of B747-400F aircraft. Based at our offices in Uxbridge, close to London Heathrow, the candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision, acting as the primary contact point for internal departments, and to external service providers and regulators, as the subject matter expert on Dangerous Goods and the associated company processes.
The company is looking for individuals who are proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support a diverse and vibrant airline operation which includes both scheduled and charter operations.
The Dangerous Goods Officer reports to the Network Operations Manager on all matters concerning Dangerous Goods, and will work closely with commercial/sales teams and Ground Operations, as well as Flight Operations and the Operations Control Centre, to develop and deliver a robust and effective Dangerous Goods policy to the airline.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience in airline operations and Dangerous Goods shipping and carriage restrictions;
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and implementing IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and ICAO Doc 9284 Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air;
- IATA Dangerous Goods by Air qualification;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, demonstrating attention to detail;
- Highly flexible and proactive team player;
- Be an effective communicator to deal with internal and external organisations and agencies, representing the airlines interests in a calm professional manner with customers, suppliers and oversight agencies;
- Must be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products;
- Must be able, willing and available to travel to foreign locations, at short notice for extended periods of time, as is reasonably required by the company;
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Applications should be made to [email protected]. Applicants should submit a CV and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria. In addition, the applicant must be able to work in the UK and provide 5 years employment history.