Reporting Line: Crewing Manager
Location: 3 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB11 1AF
Due to the opening and continued expansion of CargoLogicAir we are looking to recruit an experienced Crewing Assistant to be based at London Heathrow Airport. The company is looking for an individual who is proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support change.
Whilst this post is day work, it is envisaged that it may transfer into a shift pattern as the organisation is undergoing a review of rostering and crewing.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills
- A polite and friendly manner
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- Good organisational skills
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred
- Travel and ticketing knowledge would be an advantage
- Ability to create systems to track invoices for all our suppliers
The Crewing Assistant is responsible to the Crewing Manager for:
- Checking day to day crew hotac/flight/taxi bookings to ensure locators/names/dates correct
- Book day to day crew hotac/flight/taxi bookings as required
- Amend day to day crew hotac/flight/taxi bookings after schedule changes have been implemented by Crewing and rosters have been amended.
- Manage bookings via Egencia – checking day to day bookings
- Research and book hotac/transport for ad hoc charter flights
- Entry of crew details in to APIS systems for USA / Canada flights
- Entry of flight report data into the Ops/Crew planning system (ASL)
- Send SVO temporary visa information prior to flight departure
- Preparing crew briefing information
- Liaison with crew and other departments as necessary
- Provide support and assistance to the Crewing/OCC team as required
- Provide support and assistance to the Ops Admin Controller as required
The Crewing Assistant has rights to:
Require and receive all the necessary information and materials from managers and specialists of the Company and the Group of Companies.
Require provision of all the necessary recourses from the direct managers.
Make proposals of the work improvement related to his/her job description responsibilities.
Enhance his/her professional skills through participation in seminars, internships, training courses, including separation from main duties performing (if agreed with the direct manager).
Make decisions within his/her competence.
The Crewing Assistant should have the ability to multi-task whilst being proactive and having the ability to use their own initiative. In addition, this role will carry the ability to negotiate with suppliers, to remain cost effective and uphold a professional image to internal and external suppliers.
The Crewing Assistant disciplinary responsibility for quality and timely execution of functions assigned to him/her and efficient use of rights provided hereunder. If material damage occurs because of his/her actions/inactions carries responsibility under legislation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Applications should be made to [email protected]. Applicants should submit a CV and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria.