Aviation Security Manager
The role of the Aviation Security Manager is to act as the key point of contact for all operational and strategic responsibilities associated with security and the airline and to ensure that all employees and third party entities comply with regulation as defined in the UK National Aviation Security Programme and in accordance with international regulations, and ensuring the safety of CargoLogicAir Limited personnel, third-party entities and assets.
Reports to: Director Safety, Security & Compliance
- General provision of security advice and specialist security support;
- Conducting risk assessments and development of mitigation strategies throughout operations;
- Responding to statutory requests for information from law enforcement, regulators and other established members of the security community;
- Provision of 24/7 on-call response capability (threat assessment/security incident management);
- Effective working with internal business areas and third-party security providers ensuring they are aware of their security obligations and performance monitoring of them;
- Security training, design, improvement and delivery;
- Supporting any implementation of heightened security measures;
- Management of the company Emergency Response Plan;
- Conducting UK and overseas audits, inspections and tests to identify areas for improvement;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with external security services, regulatory bodies and law enforcement;
- Conducting joint compliance activities with regulators;
- Production and maintenance of formal procedures and manuals surrounding security;
- Conducting and supporting ad-hoc security investigations;
- Supporting investigations by regulators and external law enforcement agencies.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years aviation security experience (preferably global/cargo airline);
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of worldwide cargo operations;
- UK Department for Transport Certificated L3 Security Manager;
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems (SMS) within the aviation industry;
- Knowledge of Emergency Planning and Response for Airlines and Airports;
- Skilled in aviation security investigations, both internal and in conjunction with external partners;
- Confident in the delivery of written reports, risk assessments and briefings to senior management;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Good customer service skills;
- Strong in meeting deadlines and working under pressure;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office and operational systems;
- Good organizational skills including project management.
Qualifications and Experience Desirable
- UK Department for Transport Certificated Threat Assessor;
- UK Department for Transport Air Cargo Security trained (Consignor);
- Knowledge and application of international security programmes and regimes including;
- ICAO Annex 17 ‘Standards and Recommended Practices concerned with the security of international air transport’ and the ICAO Security Manual (Doc. 8973);
- ACC3 – ‘Air Cargo and Mail Carrier operating into the Union from a Third Country Airport’;
- ACISP – USA TSA ‘All-Cargo International Security Programme’;
- CT-PAT – USA CBP ‘Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism programme’.
Applications should be made to [email protected]. Applicants should submit a CV and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria. Also they are able to work in the UK and prove 5 years employment history.