SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Like most businesses, we hold and process a wide range of information, some of which relates to individuals who are applying to work for us. This notice explains the type of information we process, why we are processing it and how that processing may affect you.
The notice focuses on individuals who are applying to work for us and the data we process as part of that process. We have a separate Workplace Privacy Notice that applies to our current and former employees.
This notice is set out in this document (the Core Notice) and the Supplementary Information in the Annex 1 to this document. We have also provided local information, which makes clear any differences in your particular jurisdiction. This can be found in Annex 2.
In the Supplementary Information, we explain what we mean by “personal data”, “processing”, “sensitive personal data” and other terms used in the notice.
2. In brief, this notice explains:
- what personal data we hold and why we process it;
- the legal grounds which allow us to process your personal data;
- where the data comes from, who gets to see it and how long we keep it;
- how to access your personal data and other rights;
- how to contact us.
PERSONAL DATA – WHAT WE HOLD AND WHY WE PROCESS IT
3. We process data for the purposes of our business including recruitment, management, administrative, employment and legal purposes. The Supplementary Information provides more specific information on these purposes, on the type of data that may be processed and on the grounds on which we process data. See Legal grounds for processing personal data and Further information on the data we process and our purposes.
WHERE THE DATA COMES FROM AND WHO GETS TO SEE IT
4. Some of the personal data that we process about you comes from you. For example, you tell us your contact details and work history. If you are joining us, you may provide your banking details.
Other personal data may come from third parties such as recruiters acting on your behalf or from your references. Your personal data will be seen internally by managers, HR and, in some circumstances (if you join us) colleagues.
We will where necessary and as set out in this privacy notice also pass your data outside the organisation, for example to people you are dealing with and background checking agencies. Further information on this is provided in the Supplementary Information. See Where the data comes from and Who gets to see your data?
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
5. We do not keep your personal data for any specific period but will not keep it for longer than is necessary for our purposes. In general, if you become employed by us we will keep your personal data for the duration of your employment and for a period afterwards.
If you are unsuccessful in gaining employment with us, we will likely keep your personal data for a short period after informing you that you were unsuccessful. See Retaining your personal data – more information in the Supplementary Information.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
6. We will where necessary and as set out in this privacy notice transfer your personal data outside the EEA to members of our group and processors in other jurisdictions in which we are established. Further information on these transfers and the measures taken to safeguard your data are set out in the Supplementary Information under Transfers of personal data outside the EEA – more information.
A list of data recipients who receive material amounts of personal data and are located outside of the EEA is set out in Annex 3 – Extra-EEA Third Party Processors.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
7. You have a right to make a subject access request to receive information about the data that we process about you. Further information on this and on other rights is in the Supplementary Information under Access to your personal data and other rights. We also explain how to make a complaint about our processing of your data.
8. In processing your personal data, we act as a data controller. Please note that generally the data controller of your personal data will be your employing/engaging entity (or the employing/engaging entity that you apply to work for) but also entities within Volga-Dnepr and its group/affiliated companies with which we share data for business administration purposes.
STATUS OF THIS NOTICE
9. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment you might enter into and does not create contractual rights or obligations. It may be amended by us at any time. Nothing in this notice is intended to create an employment relationship between CargoLogicAir Limited and any non-employee.