Ground Operations Supervisor
The Ground Operations Supervisor shall, as part of the Ground Operations team, ensure the safe, effective and efficient handling of the flight they have been assigned, according to the standards and requirements of the company, ensure that Ground Operations policy and process is communicated and maintained throughout station operations, in line with applicable regulations and published guidance.
Ensure the timely completion of flight preparation, load control, ramp supervision and administration functions on-station and act as the Ground Operations link between all departments in order to fulfil operational, corporate and customer expectations linked to aircraft Ground Operations.
The current nature of the role requires someone available to work at EMA with occasional travel to Stockley Park.
- Oversight and control of daily Ground Operations requirements
- Providing technical expertise regarding aircraft and airline operating capabilities and functions, including but not limited to; aircraft scheduling, load enquiries, loadability studies, special projects and Dangerous Goods
- Organisation, coordination and oversight of all aircraft turnaround-related functions, including but not limited to; liaison and briefing of service providers and communications to CargoLogicAir Operations Control Centre
- Supervision of cargo build-up, Load Control and loading functions
- Preparation of flight documentation
- Reporting and investigation of aircraft damage reports, service failures, documentation errors, Weight and Balance issues and crew reports
- Liaison with third-party service providers and accountable/reportable internal departments including meetings and conference calls
- Completion of departmental documentation including Station Flight Reports, Loading System Inspections and Discrepancy Reports
- Continuous review and use of the Centrik SMS program
- Undertake station visits and perform assessments and audits of service providers to ensure compliant operations
- Coverage of company flight operations off-station as representative of CargoLogicAir Ground Operations Department
- Undertake aircraft inspections to identify and report defects and serviceability issues in ground operations-related areas, including but not limited to; cargo handling systems, cargo restraint systems, aircraft cabins and cargo compartments
- Provide appropriate guidance to other departments and colleagues
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company operations, manufacturer and operator documentation, regulating authority requirements, relevant system operations and procedures.
- Maintain all required qualifications, including Weight and Balance, Dangerous Goods and Aviation Security
- Shall be responsible for the proper and timely performance of duties assigned.
- Experienced and certified in a Load Supervisor/Weight & Balance role, with minimum 5 years on wide-body freighter aircraft
- Experience of manual and computerised Weight & Balance
- Working knowledge of manufacturer technical documentation
- Background of higher education
- In-depth knowledge of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Experience of worldwide ground operations and remote location operations
- Experience of training and development in a managerial/supervisory role
- Team player and must be able to work under own initiative with minimum supervision
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products
- Must be able, willing and available to travel to foreign locations, at short notice for extended periods of time, as is reasonably required by the company
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Please download and fill in the Application Form
(Right-click on the icon and select ‘Save link as’).
Applications should be made directly to [email protected] or by filling out the form below:
Applicants should submit The Application Form and Covering Letter stating how they match the criteria.
They must be able to work in the UK and prove 5 years employment history.