Due to the continued expansion of CargoLogicAir, we are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join the team based at Stockley Park, near London Heathrow Airport. The company is looking for an individual who is proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support change.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- ACA / ACCA qualified ideally with a practice background and 1-2 years’ commercial experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of FRS102.
- Advanced Excel essential
- Previous exposure to working on Navision will be highly advantageous
- Multi-currency experience
- Group consolidation experience
- Numerate, good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Aviation industry experience desirable (but not essential).
- Financial accounting activities leading up to the Month end consolidation
- Preparation and posting of month end journals, including accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, inventory (stock)
- Preparing and compiling balance sheet recs ready for review by the Financial Controller; identifying any reconciling items, aged items, unidentified items and recommending actions
- Develop appropriate balance sheet controls and review processes
- Maintaining up-to date internal control procedures
- Ensuring accurate Group / Intercompany accounting records
- Assist in preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Oversight of Internal Audits
- Tax & VAT analysis, reporting and compliance, in line with legislation
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure annual audit is carried out efficiently and cost-effectively
- Develop timetables, procedures, processes, policies, user guides and checklists to ensure governance and control
- Manage and develop the understanding of engineering stock inventory and accounting in line with policy, and data capture
- Compilation and maintenance of Fixed Asset register
- Be a Super-User for Navision system, including training / development of new starters
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Develop financial management processes that minimise financial risk to the company.
- Assist the Financial Controller to manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Keep up to date with changes in financial regulations and legislation.
If you wish to apply for this role or for more information, please contact and forward your CV to:
Alternatively, please post your CV to:
CargoLogicAir, 3 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1AF, UK