DIRECTOR OPERATIONAL PLANNING
The Director Operational Planning is responsible to translate the commercial plans into an efficient and robust operational plan, taking into account all planning parameters (aircraft, maintenance, crew, slots, permits, curfews, ground times etc).
The Director Operational Planning will adjust the basic schedule based on new commercial or operational requirements and will ensure that effective trade-off decisions will be made or prepared.
The Director Operational Planning is part of the Operations Management Team and has daily contact with all commercial and operational stakeholders including partners like ABC, VD, CLM etc.
Taking into account the recent restructuring of the Stansted operation to Stockley Park and the ambition of the CLA organisation to growth further, the Director Operational Planning should take care of the needed actions to make the Operational Planning department fit for the future.
The Director Operational Planning is responsible to the Chief Operating Officer for:
- Translation of the commercial or operational need into already published program, taking into account the commercial and/or operational restrictions and planning conditions.
- Realization of improvements and guarantee an effective scheduling process.
- Overseeing the duties of all crew to ensure that the operational plans are efficient, effective and compliant with all local and international regulations, as crew rostering is part of your scope.
- Compliance to (inter) national laws and regulations that CLA must comply with, during flight operations, such as aligned airport slots, traffic rights and overfly-permits.
- Coordination of all charters request ensuring that we confirm in an efficient way taking into account the interest of our clients and commercial units.
- Preparing business case with an integrated view from commercial and operational perspectives.
- Coordination of the closure and opening of stations in CLA’s network.
- Weekly reporting of key parameters (crew utilization, aircraft utilization)
- Attending commercial meetings with regard to future network plans and scenarios.
- Ensure a strong interface between Operational Planning and OCC for a smooth transfer of flights moving into the 72 hours window.
- Working with the Nominated Person Flight Operations (NPFO) in the planning and control of Flight Crew Resources (flight duties, flight training/checking, simulator/ground school training and other duties such as office and audit)
- Completion of financial budget and reporting in case of deviations.
- Ensuring that Operational Planning is fully staffed, training and organised.
- Ensuring that the staff within the department are fully conversant with the company flight time limitations scheme.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good customer service skills
- Taking decisions
- Strong efficiency and punctuality
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office and operational systems
- Good organizational skills including project management
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Basic understanding of EASA FTL
- Commercial affinity
- Basic understanding of air political policies (traffic rights, permits)
- Taking initiative
If you wish to apply for this role or for more information (including full job spec) please contact and forward your CV to:
Alternatively, please post your CV to:
CargoLogicAir, 3 Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1AF, UK